Persevering Through A Pandemic
Presented by Colorado Senior Lobby: A Webinar Series
Persevering Through A Pandemic Webinar Series
FEATURING: Colorado Legislators – Legislative Staff – Community Leaders
View Event Flyer – CLICK HERE
Each of our webinars were recorded and made available to those who have purchased tickets.
- Webinar 1 Recording from August 24th – Legislators discuss how tough decisions were made to keep the state operating in these unprecedented times and will share their outlooks for 2021. This event was recorded and featured Speaker of the House Rep. KC Becker, Rep. Hugh McKean, Senator Larry Crowder, and Senator Joann Ginal.
- Webinar 2 Recording from September 14th – Joint Budget Committee members discuss their experiences with balancing the state budget and will address forecasting for 2021. Guest speakers include Senator Dominick Moreno, Senator Bob Rankin and Representative Kim Ransom.
- Webinar 3 Recording from September 28th – Joint Budget Committee, Legislative Council and Office of State Planning and Budgeting staff discuss the work that went on behind the scenes through the pandemic. Guest speakers include: Tom Dermody – Joint Budget Committee, Manish Jani – Legislative Services, Ashley Clark OSPB – Governor’s Office and Sharon Eubanks – Director of the Office of Legislative Legal Services.
- Webinar 4 Recording from October 5th – Community service and health providers discuss how services were impacted and expanded to meet the increased demand. Guest speakers include: Dayton Romero – Director, Senior Health & Wellness Services, Silver Key Senior Services, Jayla Sanchez-Warren – Director, Metro Denver Area Agency on Aging, Cari Levy, MD – Professor, Medicine-Health Care Policy Research, CU Anschutz and VA Medical Center and Lindsey Paulson, MD – Family Medicine, Wray, CO.
- Webinar 5 Recording from October 12th – Ageism in Colorado – Join our panelist discussion to learn how the pandemic has magnified the issues of ageism in Colorado. Guest speakers include: Janine Vanderburg, Director – Changing the Narrative, Perla Gheiler, Director – Office on Aging, and Adela Flores-Brennan, Executive Director – CCHI (Colorado Consumer Health Initiative).
Have questions? Email us – CLICK HERE
Visit our Sponsors’ websites
- Metropolitan State University of Denver – Department of Social Work – https://www.msudenver.edu/socialwork/
- CU Multidisciplinary Center on Aging – https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/center-on-aging/about-us
- Seniors’ Resource Center – https://www.srcaging.org/
- InnovAge – https://www.myinnovage.com/
- Colorado Senior Lobby Board – CLICK HERE
- PrimeTime News – https://www.myprimetimenews.com/
Proceeds from the webinar series will fund Colorado Senior Lobby’s mission of educating and advocating for older Coloradans.
Colorado Senior Lobby (CSL) is a non-partisan, non-affiliated, all-volunteer non-profit that has been serving the entire spectrum – every stripe and category of Colorado seniors since 1980; helping those older adults learn more about how public policy and resource allocation to aging-related issues intersect – and most importantly, how to become active participants in public processes.