Older Americans Month is May and we are celebrating with “Older Coloradans Month!” Plan to attend three Engaging Education Sessions on May 12, May 19 and May 26, 2021, 1PM – 3PM MTN.
Get your tickets now – tickets are free, however we are asking you to consider a donation.
Website: Older Coloradans Month
We can all agree that Colorado’s population is rapidly aging. According to the Colorado state demographer, in just the next 9 years, Colorado’s 65 to 74-year-old population will grow by 24%, and our 75+ population will increase by 64%. These are huge increases. They call for big ideas.
- We also know that more and more people are not retiring from paid work at age 65, but instead are working well into their 70’s.
- Our country’s average age is also changing as younger people have fewer children.
- The millennials – people in their 20’s and 30’s today are now the largest generation in the United States today (72.1 Million vs. the Boomers 71.6 Million).
While it may seem a long way away now, millennials will begin hitting their 60’s in about thirty years. The work we do across the generations today will be serving well into the future, all generations as they age.
- Clearly, the importance of communities designing public (and private) facilities with the needs of ALL ages in mind has never been more critical. The two generations alone – the Millennials and the Boomers – represent nearly half the population of the United States.
- By 2035, most of the American population will be 65+. Given the pace of change in our attitudes on aging, those 24 years will pass so quickly and a lot of work still needs to be done!
We know that different parts of our state are doing different things to plan for this growth and to work with the numbers we have today. We need to learn more about what those innovative ideas and activities are and then help spread the best ideas across the state.
On May 12, 19, and 26, 2021, Colorado Senior Lobby (an all-volunteer, non-partisan, nonprofit organization), along with AARP and other important aging-related organizations, are hosting three distinct webinars – one for each of those days.
We hope you can attend our webinars and together we will all learn from one and other, to implement ideas and make Colorado an age-friendly state for coming generations.
Visit our event website to learn more
Event sponsorships are available – LEARN MORE