The Strategic Action Planning Group on Aging is hosting a webinar with panel discussion on July 13, 2020 from Noon – 3 pm!
For security purposes, we are trying to limit the public sharing of the Zoom meeting log-in information. So, to attend please email us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – we will email you the logon information
- Please share this information with colleagues.
- Link to share this page: https://www.coloradoseniorlobby.org/news_from_csl/july-13th-webinar/
This meeting will revolve around a panel discussion with the folks listed below. We have invited these individuals to cover some of the issues we discussed last month in relation to various efforts:
- Public health guidance and older adults
- Protections for older adults in the workforce
- Adult Protective Services;
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- And other efforts related to long-term care settings.
We will be joined by:
- Dr. Rachel Herlihy, State Epidemiologist, Department of Public Health and Environment
- Bonnie Silva, Director, Office of Community Living, Department of Health Care Policy and Financing and Co-Chair Residential Care Strike Force
- Peg Rogers, Manager, Adult Protective Services, Department of Human Services
- Leah McMahon, State Long-Term Care Ombudsman, Disability Law Colorado
- Sam Anderson, Outreach and Education Coordinator, Civil Rights Division, Department of Regulatory Agencies (link to Colorado guidance to employers and link to EEOC guidance)
Each of these participants has been provided a list of key questions and we will also be taking additional questions via the “chat” function in Zoom. Our Chair and Vice Chair will be facilitating the discussion.
If you have questions you would like to ask during the meeting, you will have to use the Zoom chat feature. We expect to have a lot of folks join for this meeting and need to be feasible about how input/questions are coordinated.
This “panel” will run for the first half of the meeting and then we will do some small group work to identify key takeaways and establish next steps related to the issues discussed. You are welcome to participate for the entirety of the meeting but we also understand if you have to sign-off early. With that said, small group work is the best place for public participants to engage and share their takeaways and perspectives.
Learn more about The Strategic Action Planning Group on Aging – CLICK HERE