In May Ed Shackelford, Citizen Lobbyist, Colorado Senior Lobby Board member and CSL Capitol Hill Gang member was invited to be part of a Denver Leaders Network Meeting panel.
The panel focused on how is the city of Denver and the State of Colorado addressing the needs of an aging population. Panelists included:
- Perla Gheiler – Director Office on Aging, Denver Agency on Human Rights & Community Partnerships
- Hayley Gleason – Older Adult Policy Advisor, Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF)
- Ed Shackelford – Citizen Lobbyist, Colorado Senior Lobby Board Member and CSL Capitol Hill Gang Member
The panel discussed and answered questions about what is happening in Colorado for the 60 plus population and what is being planned for this demographic by the city of Denver and the State of Colorado. To quote Ed Shackelford, “We need to learn how to keep older adults in their own homes where it is cheaper to care for them and would be fiscally responsible for the state as well.”
Some additional resources that review what is happening in Colorado for the 60 plus population are:
- View 2018 Presentation “Aging in Colorado” – CLICK HERE
- Strategic Action Plan on Aging – December 2018 – CLICK HERE
This event was hosted by the Denver office of the Society of Certified Senior Advisors. The Society of Certified Senior Advisors (SCSA) educates and certifies professionals who work with seniors through its “Working with Older Adults” education program and the Certified Senior Advisor -CSA® credential. Visit their website for more information.
If your group or event needs a speaker, reach out to Colorado Senior Lobby – CLICK HERE