Buy your tickets through EventBrite today! – CLICK HERE
Join Colorado Senior Lobby on Monday, August 12, 2019 for:
Death and Taxes: Understanding at Least One of Them.
How Colorado’s Unique Tax Structure Matters to YOU and YOUR Family.
- View Event Flyer – CLICK HERE
- If you prefer to pay for tickets by check – CLICK HERE
- View Sponsorship Opportunities – CLICK HERE
When: Monday, August 12, 2019
8:00AM – 9:00AM Coffee & Gathering
9:00AM – 3:30PM Program, with Lunch
Where: PPA Events Center
Address: 2105 Decatur Street, Denver, CO 80211
Tickets: $20 per person – includes full program, with Lunch and Laugh (with Chicken Lips) and helps support Colorado Senior Lobby programs. Seating is limited – buy your tickets today!
You will: See, hear, and interact with a select group of lawmakers, policy experts and fellow citizens as we, together, unravel the mysteries of how these laws and constitutional amendments: GALLAGHER (1982), TABOR (1992), SENIOR PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION (2000), AMENDMENT 23 (2000) REFERENDUM C (2005), and Proposition CC (2019) together, impact your lives, your schools, your roads, fire departments, and law enforcement in significant and meaningful ways. And what every voter needs to understand about Proposition CC, coming on the fall ballot.
This location has free parking
For questions or for information on event sponsorships call 303-832-4535
Preliminary Agenda for the Day
(all persons-including Chicken Lips – named are confirmed):
- Kickoff – Bob Brocker, President, CSL
- State Demographer Elizabeth Garner – What our demographics mean to Colorado residents and Legislators.
- Representative Chris Kennedy – Senior Property Tax Exemption – Is it working as intended? A Break Follows.
- How does our Colorado budget actually work – an audience participation exercise.
- Lunch and Laugh with Chicken Lips
- Carol Hedges – Colorado Fiscal Institute – What makes Colorado’s TABOR state budget law unique among the 50 states – Understanding the tax/revenue boundaries of the Six Constitutional Amendments. A Break follows.
- Panel Discussion: Don’t change our tax structure any further; vs. yes, it’s time for change. Panelists include Frank McNulty, former Speaker of the House, KC Becker, current Speaker of the House, Michael Fields-TABOR Advocate, Tyler Jaeckel, Bell Policy Center. Session wrap-up follows.
CSL volunteers make a difference: working with other groups, developing ideas, working with legislators, and most of all, by showing up. It’s advocacy enlightened by information and education.
Colorado Senior Lobby is an all volunteer organization. We work to inform and educate all Aging Coloradans on the legislative proposals that make a difference to over one million of Colorado’s citizens and to advocate for what really matters to us.