At the September 2018 Colorado Senior Lobby board meeting two new directors were welcomed to the board, Diane Robinson and Connie Ward. Here is a review of the 2019 CSL Executive Committee Officers and CSL Board of Directors:
Bob Brocker is now President of the CSL Board of Directors and heads the Executive Committee
Bob is a long-time advocate for older Coloradans, serving as a board member of CSL since 2017, a volunteer and board member of A Little Help (www.alittlehelp.org) since 2010, and is a current member of the DRCOG Advisory Committee on Aging. Bob brings extensive leadership and management skills and experience earned in a long career in the railroad industry and looks forward to building on the initiatives created over the past six years by CSL’s immediate past president, Ed Shackelford. Ed remains an active member of CSL.
Jeanette Hensley is now Secretary of Board of Directors and a member of Executive Committee
Jeanette worked in various managerial roles in her 30 years at f the State of Colorado. She developed and administered several of the Home and Community Based Services programs and retired as the Director of Aging. Jeanette has a thorough understanding of the legislative process, state funding and advocacy. Jeanette also co-chairs the CSL Legislative Committee and leads the CSL Capitol Gang.
Connie Ward is now the CSL Treasurer and a member of the Executive Committee
Connie Ward comes to us with over 25 years’ of business and leadership experience as an entrepreneur, in sales and business development, process and financial management, fundraising, and as a Medicare advisor. Connie is co-owner of Optimal Living, providing Medicare Advisement and Senior Advocacy and is also co-owner of Maaxzie LLP, serving as a Business Development Executive supporting multiple business investments.
Diane Robinson is a newly elected Board Member
Diane is a dedicated, reliable member of the Capitol Gang who moved to Denver in 2015. She worked in the medical field in Georgia for 50 years before retiring in 2006. While in Georgia, she started volunteering as an advocate for senior issues, participating in the local RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program). This included testifying before the county commissioners and assisting in passage of an ordinance for the Livable Communities Project (An AARP National Program).
Following is the complete list of the 2019 CSL Executive Committee Officers and CSL Board of Directors:
- President Robert Brocker – 303-862-8711 – A Little Help, DRCOG Advisory Committee on Aging, Citizen Senior Advocate
- Vice President – Kip Bishop – 303-903-3004 – Senior Mortgage Solutions, Inc
- Secretary – Jeanette Hensley – 303-249-5598 – CSL Co-Chairman of Legislative Committee
- Treasurer – Connie Ward – 303-725-7009
CSL Board of Directors
- Chairman Emeritus: Bob Epstein – 303-470-0438 – Douglas County Senior Foundation
- Immediate Past President: Ed Shackelford – 720-353-3775 – Real Living CO Properties
- Kelley Horton – 720-690-1423 – Dementia Connections Coalition
- Christina Johnson – 303-988-1437 – Colorado Commission on Aging
- Kelsey Lesco – 303-722-0300 – Disability Law Colorado
- Diane Martini – 303-753-2179 – Eastern Star Retirement Campus
- Rich Mauro – Board of Directors & CSL Chairman of Legislative Committee – 303-480-6778 – Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG)
- Harvey McWhorter – 720-275-5746 – 50Plus Marketplace News
- Diane Robinson – 678-575-5191 – Citizen Advocate