Join Colorado Senior Lobby members, volunteers and some of our board member at The Capitol on Wednesday, November 15th. We are hosting Colorado Senior Lobby Citizen Lobbyist Training in the Capitol. The event will be on the 3rd floor in Senate Committee Room 352.
View Event Flyer – CLICK HERE
Register Online – CLICK HERE
Details about the Event:
When: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Training is 10:00AM – 12:00PM
If you want, arrive at 9:00AM to network and tour the Capitol
Where: The Colorado State Capitol – Senate Committee Room 352
Enter on south side of The Capitol
Address: 3rd Floor, 200 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203
The actual training is from 10:00AM to 12:00PM. If you want, arrive at 9:00AM to network and tour the Capitol.
- For networking at 9:00AM, meet in the cafeteria in the basement of The Capitol. You can purchase refreshments and then before our Citizen Lobbyist Training starts at 10:00AM, you can explore the Capitol.
- The actual lobbyist training will take place on the 3rd floor in Senate Committee Room 352. Bring a notebook to take notes at the training and a capped water bottle. Water can also be purchased in the cafeteria.
We will have handouts for the Citizen Lobbyist Training session. Our Colorado Senior Lobby Citizen Lobbyist Training is “non-partisan citizen lobbyist training” for someone who wants to influence policy and not just discuss policy. Colorado Senior Lobby was organized in 1980 as a non-partisan organization committed to enhancing the life of seniors through education and analysis of legislation as it impacts seniors, along with encouraging citizen lobbying by Colorado Senior Lobby members and members of the community to appear at the Capitol to testify on bills. This training class covers:
- Review the Colorado Legislature
- Colorado Committee Structure
- Legislative Legal Services
- How a Bill becomes Law
- How to communicate with legislators and their staff
- Procedures for testifying
- Guidelines for Citizen Lobbyists
- The Capitol Bunch Lobbyists
- Individual Citizen Lobbyist Advocacy
- Legislative Committee Meetings
GETTING TO THE CAPITOL
There is convenient parking just east of the Capitol. Access the lot from Grant St when heading south or from Logan if you are heading north. Denver RTD has many trains and buses that will get you downtown. Check the RTD website: www.rtd-denver.com
Have questions? Call Ed Shackelford at 720-353-3775 or send us an email