Colorado Senior Lobby Newsletter
November 2018 eNewsletter – CLICK HERE
Article snippets from the November eNewsletter are shown below.
Vote! by Nov 6th
Here are a few resources from the Colorado Secretary of State website that may be helpful to you:
Learn more about Amendments and Propositions on the 2018 Ballot – CLICK HERE
Information Elections & Voting – CLICK HERE
General Election Information FAQs – CLICK HERE
Colorado Secretary of State Website: sos.state.co.us
Colorado Senior Lobby Educates and Informs
On Monday October 22nd, CSL conducted a training and education session for over thirty people ranging in age from the 20’s to the 80’s, covering the details of Citizen Advocacy at the Capitol. In this short session, we covered a range of topics:
- What CSL does and what an individual can do as a member of our non-partisan CSL.
- Educational/informational events
- Statewide connections
- Ad Hoc coalitions with other organizations
- Researching issues and legislative proposals
- Forming positions on proposed legislation (there is a process)
- How to register as a Citizen Lobbyist (it’s easy, costs nothing, and has no reporting or other requirements – and you get a card).
- How our lawmakers can be best engaged and communicated with by citizens in issues of importance to individuals, and groups, such as CSL. How to be most effective in doing so.
- The path that a proposed piece of legislation takes to becoming law (How a Bill Becomes Law).
- What it means to testify in legislative committee hearings and how to do that (it’s actually very simple; anyone can do it).
- Using the General Assembly website.
- And other areas of interest.
We will be having more of these sessions in the near future – watch for them.
Amplify your vote.
Since you are reading this, you have some interest in issues impacting older adults in Colorado. What are the most common issues? What we at Colorado Senior Lobby (CSL) hear over and over again are four basic themes: better and more convenient transportation options for access to medical care and everything else, health care costs and availability, housing we can afford and that works for an aging body, and engagement in society … – READ MORE
Join Colorado Senior Lobby Today
Nearly 25% of the People of Colorado are over the age of 60 – together we can become a BOOMING voice. CSL – with you on board works to improve the health and well-being of Colorado’s older adults. By being a member, you are helping fulfill that mission. Become a participant in the policies impacting your life.
Cost to join for 2019 is $25 per Individual and $35 for a Family Membership through Friday, November 30, 2018. Individual and Family Membership dues for 2019 are going up on Dec 1st – so join today.
Join Today – Individual & Family Memberships – CLICK HERE
Join Today – Organizational Memberships start at $150 – CLICK HERE
- Nov 1st – Medicare Changes Panel Discussion, Castle Rock
- Nov 2nd – Age Well Conference, Boulder
- Nov 5th – CSL Legislative Committee Meetings
- November 6th – Don’t forget to Vote!
- Nov 16th – Congressman Ed Perlmutter (CO-07) Senior Resource Fair
- Nov 19th – CSL Legislative Committee Meetings
- Nov 19th – iPie – Amazing Pizza Fundraiser for Seniors Resource Center
- Nov 24th – Small Business Saturday 2018
- SAVE THE DATE – March 13, 2019 – Senior Day at the Capitol!
2019 Senior Day at the Capitol Sponsorship
- We are taking applications for Senior Day at the Capitol 2019 – LEARN MORE
- View Event Flyer – CLICK HERE
- Learn more about our Senior Day at the Capitol 2019 – CLICK HERE
In case you missed it, here are photos and the first video from Senior Day at the Capitol 2018 – CLICK HERE
If you find an interesting article to share send us the link – CONTACT US
“You have one of the most tremendous resources before you today which is an organization tuned into your issues that will actually take the time to train you how to be a citizen lobbyist. I really encourage you to take advantage of it …”Rachel Zenzinger, Senate District 19